These courses do not count as Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian major requirements, but are prerequisites for further coursework.
- BCRS 104-108: Elementary Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian I-II — 10 Credits
- BCRS 204 - Intermediate BCS I — 3 Credits
Total — 13 Credits
A minimum of 27 course hours is required for a Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian major emphasis. You may take as many additional courses as you wish, provided you have fulfilled all of your general education requirements.
- BCRS 208 - Intermediate BCS II — 3 Credits
- BCRS 504-508 - Advanced BCS I-II — 6 Credits
- SLAV 508 South Slavic Literature and Civilization — 3 Credits
- SLAV 495 Senior Capstone Seminar — 3 Credits
- Fifteen hours of elective courses in BCS and/or Southeastern European culture, or advanced BCS language — 15 Credits*
Total — 30 Credits
*Note: the KU summer program in Zadar, Croatia can fulfill eight of the fifteen hours of additional coursework.
For more details on the South Slavic major (and other Slavic major) requirements, please consult the KU course catalog.
Please contact our undergraduate major advisor with any questions you may have.